Inverse Days 2020
Inverse Days 2020 will be organised in the time period December 14–18, virtually this year due to the pandemic. The meeting is organised jointly by the Finnish Meteorological Institute and University of Helsinki. The 60th birthday of Professor Erkki Somersalo will be celebrated as part of the event.
The scientific committee of the conference is
- Tatiana Bubba (chair)
- Janne Hakkarainen
- Marko Laine
- Matti Lassas
- Samuli Siltanen
- Johanna Tamminen
Here is the conference schedule. The time is Finnish local time (UTC +2). The book of abstract is available here: alphabetical order and program order.
Erkki Somersalo 60 years Celebrations
The program includes scientific talks related to Erkki Somersalo's research and career along with more humoristic ones. The event is open to all conference participants. Samuli Siltanen will be the Master of Ceremonies.
Practical information for participants
- We will use Zoom as a platform for the conference: a link to the Zoom room has been sent by email to all registered participants. If you are registered to the conference and you did not receive the Zoom link, please contact the organisers. Live talks will not be recorded or streamed elsewhere.
- The participants are kindly asked to create Zoom user names that match their real names.
- The participants will be muted upon entry and they are kindly asked to log in with the video off, so as to avoid problems with the bandwidth.
- If you would like to ask a question, please write it in the Zoom chat or, at the end of the talk, unmute yourself and pose the question, then please switch the microphone back off. You are very welcome to turn the video on when asking questions.
Practical instructions for speakers
- Highlight talks: short talks of at most 5 minutes. Each speaker is required to pre-record their talk and send it in mp4 format to Rashmi Murthy (rashmi(dot)Murthy(at)helsinki(dot)fi) at the latest by Tuesday December 8, 2020. The highlight talks session takes in total 40 minutes including 10 minutes for questions to all speakers of the session.
- Regular talks: 20 minutes talks, including 5 minutes for questions. Speakers can decide whether they wish to give their presentation live or pre-record their talk. In the latter case an mp4 version of the recording should be sent to Rashmi Murthy (rashmi(dot)Murthy(at)helsinki(dot)fi) at the latest by Tuesday December 8, 2020.
- Plenary talks: 30 minutes talks, including 5 minutes for questions. Plenary speakers can decide whether they wish to give their presentation live or pre-record their talk. In the latter case an mp4 version of the recording should be sent to Rashmi Murthy (rashmi(dot)Murthy(at)helsinki(dot)fi) at the latest by Tuesday December 8, 2020.
For the interested speakers, pre-recorded talks can be uploaded to the Inverse Problems channel on Youtube: if you are interested in uploading your pre-recorded video on the Inverse Problems Youtube channel, please inform Rashmi Murthy when you send the recording.
To submit a talk for the conference, please use the registration form. There will be two formats for the presentation this year: 5 minutes highlight talks and regular ones (preferences, if any, can be indicated in the "other information" section of the registration form). The submission deadline is November 15, 2020.
To register for the conference participation, you can do using the same registration form. The deadline to register to conference participation only is November 30, 2020.
There is no conference fee.